Christian Voices celebrate their 10th anniversary this year. Their next play is “Justice from the Judge” and is based on the parable of the persistent widow.
A widow is wronged and seeks justice from a corrupt Judge who does not respect or fear God. She will not stop asking the Judge until she is given justice.
The play is based on Luke 18 verses 1-8, sometimes called The Parable of the Unjust Judge or The Parable of the Persistent Widow.
The play was written by Alan Young, the songs composed by Dave Chamberlin and directed by Jac Young.
The play will be performed at:-
- Saturday, 29th September – St John’s Church, St Leonards at 1.30 p.m.
- Sunday, 30th September – St Barnabas Church at 10.30 a.m.
- Monday, 1st October – St Martha’s Church at 8.0 p.m.
- Saturday, 6th October – Ninfield Methodist Church Hall at 2.30 p.m.
- Sunday, 7th October – Christchurch Methodist Church at 10.30 a.m.
- Sunday, 7th October – St Peter’s Community Centre at 6.0 p.m.
As usual, admission is free, but any donation given at the end of each performance will be in aid of Epilepsy Sussex, who are a group run totally by volunteers.
They offer support for people suffering from epilepsy and for their family and friends. They work closely with local Consultants and Epilepsy Nurses.
Epilepsy Sussex is Registered Charity 1113429 and more details about the activities of the organisation can be found at their website.