Our second play follows the Old Testament story of Ruth and her mother-in-law Naomi.
After both her husband and father-in-law die, Ruth stays loyal to her mother-in law but what will life bring her? She needs a husband to claim the lands of her father-in-law, brother-in-law and husband.
With an uncertain future the two women, who are emigrants, travel back to Naomi’s homeland, Bethlehem.
For your reference: The Book of Ruth
The cast and production team of the 2009 performances can be found here.
The production was performed:
- 3:00pm, Saturday 25th April 2009, St. Mary Magdalene’s Church, Bexhill
- 10:00am, Sunday 26th April 2009, Living Word Church, Bexhill
- 7:00pm, Sunday 26th April 2009, Sidley Baptist Church
- 7:30pm, Tuesday 28th April 2009, Beulah Baptist Church, Bexhill
- 7:30pm, Wednesday 29th April 2009, St. Laurence’s Church, Catsfield
- 7:30pm, Thursday 30th April 2009, St. Augustine’s Church, Bexhill