“Lost and Found” is based on the story of the Prodigal Son.
The story is well known. The focus is not only on the rebellious son, who takes and squanders his inheritance and then returns home, but is also on the unconditional love given by the father and the reward of foundation, faith and forgiveness.
Sometimes also called the Parable of The Lost Son, some people struggle with the story. It is easy to feel concern for the older, hard working and obedient son who stays behind working his father’s land but is he loved any less by a father so overjoyed to see again the son he thought lost?
For your reference: Luke 15 Versus 11-32
Originally performed in 2008, Christian Voices are proud to be reviving the play again in 2012.
The original cast and production team are listed here.
The original production was performed:
- 3:00pm, Saturday 18th October 2008, All Saints’ Church, Sidley
- 9:45am, Sunday 19th October 2008, St. Peter’s Community Centre, Bexhill
- 7:00pm, Sunday 19th October 2008, Sidley Baptist Church
- 7:00pm, Tuesday 21st October 2008, St. Mary Magdalene’s Church, Bexhill
- 7:00pm, Wednesday 22nd October 2008, Beulah Baptist Church, Bexhill
- 7:00pm, Thursday 23rd October 2008, Ninfield Methodist Church