During Lent 2014, Christian Voices performed the play, Let His Light Shine.
The theme, appropriate for a Lent Reflection, is to explore the effect of Jesus’ betrayal and Crucifixion on the people that would have been in Jerusalem at the time. One person whose story at this time set an example of how human the Apostles were is St. Peter and his Denials of Christ.
St. Peter, is told by Jesus that before the cock crowed the disciple would deny Christ thrice.
It’s an important part of The Passion, as well completing a prediction of Christ the scene reveals the frail and human nature of us all, even the Apostles. These are, of course, on top of the core Christian belief in the Resurrection of Christ and the hope that gives us all.
For your reference: Mark 14; Matthew 26; John 18; Mark 15; Matthew 27; Luke 23; John 18; Mark 16; Matthew 28; Luke 24; John 20.
In 2014 the play was performed for the first time by Christian Voices in five churches around Bexhill and Hastings.
Several casts were used, the full list can be found here.
The complete script can be found here.
The production was performed at:
- 3:00pm, Sunday, 6th April – Holy Trinity Church, Hastings
- 7:45pm, Monday, 7th April – St Michael’s Church, Bexhill
- 7:45pm, Wednesday, 9th April – All Saints Church, Bexhill
- 3:00pm, Saturday, 12th April – Ninfield Methodist Church Hall
- 9:45am, Sunday, 13th April – St Peter’s Community Centre, Bexhill