When you are called by God will you be ready? Will you be too busy to hear the call?
Christian Voices performed the play The Great Banquet based on a parable of Jesus whilst he was in the house of the pharisee.
A man holds a huge banquet but finds his guests now have excuses. What will the host do?
The guests were all too preoccupied with their own circumstances to heed the call. We too find it hard to put aside our own situations and trouble to hear properly the call of God. Perhaps some would find the parable harsh. Asking a newlywed to come? Others though make more feeble excuses.
The parable teaches us that a feast will be prepared for those willing to heed God’s call but we must hear it and we must come when that call comes.
For Your reference: Luke 14 versus 15-24
The cast and production team from the performance in 2011 can be found here.
The production was performed:
- 7:30pm, Monday 13th June 2011, St. Michael’s Church, Bexhill
- 7:30pm, Wednesday 15th June 2011, St. Laurence’s Church, Catsfield
- 7:30pm, Thursday 16th June 2011, St. Mary’s School, Bexhill
- 3:00pm, Saturday 18th June 2011, St. Martha’s Church, Little Common
- 9:45am, Sunday 19th June 2011, St. Peter’s Church, Bexhill