Based on the first miracle of Jesus when he turned water into wine.
The story follows the people in and around the wedding rather than the miracle itself. What happened to these people that brought about the need for more wine? How did they react to the wonderful event?
The playwright has taken the biblical script and asked these questions. Following the wedding party, bride, groom, bride’s parents, we hear how they may have been feeling before, during and after the wedding and the miracle.
For your reference: John 2 verses 1-11.
The production was performed:
- Sunday, 9th June 2013, St Martha’s Church, Little Common, 3:30pm
- Tuesday, 11th June 2013, Sackville Road Methodist Church, 7:45pm
- Wednesday, 12th June 2013, Living Word Church, 7:00pm
- Thursday, 13th June 2013, St. Michael’s Church, 7:45pm
- Saturday, 15th June 2013, Ninfield Methodist Church Hall, 3:00pm
- Sunday, 16th June 2013, St Peter’s Community Centre, 9:45am
Cast List can be found here and Programme to be downloaded or viewed here.
Plus, we have now added the original script.