Christian Voices are moving on to the next play, perhaps running away from the learned teachings of Malachi?
Surely not! Not these lovely people?
If you haven’t guessed already, our next play is “The Runaway Slave“, based on St. Paul’s Letter to Philemon. The story of Onesimus and Philemon is an intervention by Paul on behalf of his friend and brother-in-Christ.
- But why was such an intervention necessary?
- What had happened between these two men?
- Will Paul’s letter persuade Philemon to accept back Onesimus?
- Is there a greater insight for Philemon in this story?
This short epistle is our inspiration for “The Runaway Slave“. There’s a lot to explore and we hope you’ll come along on the adventure with us.
Performances are at:
- Saturday, 3rd October, 2:00pm, Bexhill United Reformed Church
- Monday, 5th October, 7:45pm, St. Barnabas Church, Bexhill
- Wednesday, 7th October, 7:45pm, Christchurch Methodist Church, Bexhill
- Thursday, 8th October, 8:00pm, St. Michael’s Church, Bexhill
- Saturday, 10th October, 3:00pm, Ninfield Methodist Church Hall
- Sunday, 11th October, 9:45am, St. Peter’s Community Centre, Bexhill
Our performances will be in aid of the Polegate based Children with Cancer Fund.